Version: August 05, 2020.
The Application is meant to give you access to a wide range of trained and licensed healthcare providers and schedule telehealth consultations by means of secure video and/or voice calls and text messaging. The Application facilitates virtual medical and other health-related consultations and, therefore, must, as is the case with standard healthcare visits, collect medical and other relevant personal information.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Arwa Digital Systems may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an account on the Application, download a software update, register to receive our newsletter, connect to our services, or contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, date of birth, medical history, mailing and work addresses, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, Internet Protocol (IP) address, location information, insurance information, credit card information, and profile information.
- When you register a minor under your guardianship and thereby share another individual’s personal information with us (which we will assume you have obtained permission or have the authority to do), Arwa Digital Systems may collect the information you provide about those individuals such as their name, date of birth, mailing address, email address, medical history, and phone number. Arwa Digital Systems will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may ask for government issued identification when you create an account on the Agna Care application, for the purpose of verifying your identity, or as required by law.
- The personal information we collect also allows us to keep you updated on our latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you may opt-out at any time by modifying your account settings.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including to protect our products and services for the benefit of all our users. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services.
- We may use your personal information, including your date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate products and services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of the Agna Care account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about appointments made, prescriptions issued, purchases made, tests ordered, and changes made to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Agna Care, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as for auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Agna Care’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal InformationWe also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we may collect and how we intend to use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, unique device identifier, referrer Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), and location where the Agna Care product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our products and services including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and our applications in order to help our application developers improve our applications and products.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Arwa Digital Systems engage with advertisers For registered clients. Therefore, Arwa Digital Systems domains will include only paid advertisements by Registered clients
If you want to disable cookies, you may modify your browser settings. Please note that if you disable the cookies you will alter your experience with our application and certain features of the website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date and time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base. Arwa Digital Systems may also use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Arwa Digital Systems website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customer can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties. Arwa Digital Systems will, in certain circumstances, provide third parties with certain of your personal information in order to administer or provide the services that you are requesting, including scheduling consultations with healthcare professionals or purchasing other products and services, or to improve our services, or to have products requested or ordered delivered to you. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you create a Agna Care account and request a consultation with a healthcare professional, you authorize Agna Care and such healthcare professional to exchange the information you provide during the Agna Care account activation process in order to provide the service, including information about your device. If your request is accepted, your interaction will, among other things, be governed by Agna Care and the healthcare professional’s respective privacy policies.
Service Providers . Arwa Digital Systems shares personal information with individuals and companies who provide services such as providing medical and healthcare services, fulfilling of customer orders, delivering of products to you (pursuant to our Terms & Conditions), management and enhancement of customer data, processing of information processing, provision of customer service, assessment of customer interest in our products and services and conduct of customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located outside of the customer Country.
Others It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within region for Arwa Digital Systems to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect you or our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information : Arwa Digital Systems takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Arwa Digital Systems online services such as the Application and website protect your personal information during transit using encryption and other data security measures that are Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant. When your personal data is stored by Arwa Digital Systems, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. The data we collect is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage. It should however be remembered that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and infallibility.
You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit to others online or offline. Arwa Digital Systems ( Agna Care ) will not take responsibility for your decision to make any personal information public.
Access to Personal Information : You can help ensure that your information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date at any time. For the personal information we hold, we will provide you with access, including a copy, for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Arwa Digital Systems ( Agna Care ) is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Location-Based Services : To provide location-based services on the Application where applicable, Arwa Digital Systems ( Agna Care ) and our partners and licenses, may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your device’s approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Arwa Digital Systems ( Agna Care ) and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with the Application when you opt-in to their location-based services. Some location-based services offered by Arwa Digital Systems ( Agna Care ) require your personal information for the feature to work.
Third-Party Sites and Services : Arwa Digital Systems ( Agna Care ) websites, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include your personal information is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties before engaging with them.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy : To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the institution.
All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7) business days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues, we will take steps to make such change at the earliest next reasonable opportunity. If a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person, we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.